In the hierarchy of life, breath always wins. It persists 22,000 times daily, but you get to decide whether the way you breathe is to your benefit or detriment.
Breath becomes compromised by stress, disease, and the environmental trappings of progress; you can still breathe under this pressure, but it leads to poor breathing habits that slowly whittle away at your health. In Body by Breath, bestselling author Jill Miller takes you on a journey through your breathing body and presents more than 100 step-by-step techniques and practices to help you master the body-breath connection and reset your physiology.
This book explores four primary types of resilience-building exercises—breathwork, movement, rolling, and non-sleep deep rest—to help you achieve
• Greater power, endurance, and recovery ability
• Enhanced self-regulation skills
• Supercharged executive function
• Relief from pain, injuries, and chronic conditions
• Freedom to feel, connect, and express stored emotions
Jill shares her scientifically supported methods so you can